• February 20Send suggestions to [email protected]

• January 16Check out our Twitter @TheWaveReview

Hockey Season Recap

Ryan Berry, Guest Writer

The hockey team at New Milford High School is composed of 7 Seniors, 6 Juniors, and 4 Sophomores. The team captains are Ryan Berry, Max Halberg, and Nate Capriglione. The team has a record of 5-11-2. The team is led by the Seniors who all play major roles for the team. Behind the seniors, the juniors play big roles, such as Hayden Giampietro and Ben Marano, who have been solid goalies for the Wave all year.

(Seniors Nate Capriglione, Max Halberg, and Ryan Berry celebrate a goal)

The point leaders for this year are Ryan, Max, and Nate. Ryan has 32 points, Max has 23 points, and Nate has 25.  Junior Evan Golembeske has 11 points, followed by defensemen, Ben Paquin with 10. Seniors Tyler Helmus and Bryan Almeida have played big defensive roles this year with only having 4 defenseman. The Wave is coached by Head Coach Scott Capriglione, assisted by Gary Golembeske and Andy DePalma.

After the loss on Senior Night, Coach Capriglione said, “Not the outcome we wanted, but there was a lot of emotions. Senior Night is tough, but they battled hard the last two periods.” The wave lost 5-3 to North Haven. The team needed two more wins to make it into the state playoffs. They tied a tightly contested game against East Catholic, and lost to Westhill-Stamford. So, the Wave’s season is now over, but the team fought hard every game. Good luck to the team next year!