• February 20Send suggestions to [email protected]

• January 16Check out our Twitter @TheWaveReview

Green Wave Football continues to impress

Carolyn Gevinski

With an amazing 4th quarter comeback win against Weston at the homecoming football game, the Greenwave Varsity Football Team brought home an unexpected, but no less incredible win Friday, October 20th. The team finished 15-14 in the last quarter, after a 7-0 lead by Weston through the 1st and 2nd quarters.

The football season began with a victory against Stratford at the first home game. Our NMHS football team then fought hard to beat Hillhouse, one of the best teams in the state. It was a very slim loss, the end result being 25-32 Hillhouse. Throughout the game, both New Milford and Hillhouse had many leads, and it was clear that it would come down to the very last second. Despite the loss, the game made evident that the 2017 varsity football team is an extremely competent and impressive team.

The season continues on October 27th with an away game at Bunnell. Bunnell will be a tough match, currently ranking third in the SWC. However, our varsity football team is very capable this year and has been working harder than ever. A few players have suffered injuries this season, however it has not deterred the team from their efforts to rise to the occasion and play their best in every game. Many of our players on the team rank high in SWC statistics. Senior Tyler Sullivan ranks second in passing yards at 1520 yards, and Junior Kendall Greene ranks first in total touchdowns (11) and in total points (70). Greene also ranks second in rushing yards 2nd with 613 yards. Senior Matt Brevard ranks 1st in receiving yards. This team has some of the strongest players and has the most vigor. Our Greenwave Varsity Football Team is sure to finish out the season strong.