The Haunted Trails of New Milford

Skylar Mink, Staff Writer

New Milford’s non-profit Harrybrooke Park hosted the sixth annual Haunted Trails this October. This family-friendly activity allows citizens to engage in the spooky season spirit by walking the trails of Harrybrooke Park with a terrifying twist.

The event supported organizations including New Milford Lions Club, Knights of Columbus, Our Lady of the Lakes Youth Group, New Milford United Methodist Church, The Children’s Center, Boy Scout Troop 66, and the NMHS Grad Party Committee.

Astoundingly, planning for the trail began back in April, to create the approximately one-mile-long trail. Guests came from as far as Hartford to experience the forty-five-minute long thrill.
The trail was open on dates ranging from October 18th through October 26th. With an early-bird ticket opportunity and advertising videos by Myke Foo Media, everyone in New Milford had heard of the event, as evident by the attendance rates. On the first weekend alone, there were over 1,700 attendees.

New Milford High School Grad Party Committee Chair-Person Trish Mink says, “It was an incredible experience to design and implement our Zombie High School Section. Student volunteers from Schaghticoke Middle School and New Milford High were fantastic and enthusiastic zombie actors. They gave the patrons a great scare and memorable night.”

Overall, New Milford is proud to be home to the annual Haunted Trails is a local favorite for communities across Connecticut. We already can’t wait to see what next year’s event will bring!